Friday, August 22, 2014

STYLE SHOWDOWN + TULIP BOUTIQUE


Oh, I'm having a hard time even thinking of saying good-bye to summer and all those easy breezy skirts, but I decided it was time to break out the flannel for this post. 

See that lovely stack of bracelets above?

They were gifted to me by a wonderful Kansas City boutique called Tulip in order to be part of a style showdown between 6 area bloggers.

The concept is simple.  Each blogger gets a stack of bracelets to style and then you, yes you, get to vote on Tulip's Facebook page as to who you think styled them the best. 


The chunky red and gold bracelet stacked against the earthiness of the leather wrap around bracelet made me instantly think of fall, which made me want to pair a flannel shirt with a denim dress.  I like the dichotomy of mixing dressier items with more down to earth pieces.

That, and I wanted a reason to finally wear the floppy hat I found recently. 


The thing that first caught my eye with this stack of bracelets was the brown wraparound bracelet with inspirational sayings on it.  I'm a sucker for things with a special meaning, and this bracelet definitely fit the bill.


If you're in the area, you should stop by Tulip's store on the Country Club Plaza or peruse all their beautiful clothes and fun accessories, like these bracelets for stacking on their online store.  Then check their Facebook page next week to vote for your favorite stacking bracelet style! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

15 comments:

  1. Loving the flannel, can't wait until fall layering kicks in! Super cute bracelets, too. Love the big red one.

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm getting excited for layering again, too:) Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  2. I'm doing his challenge too :) I sent my pictures but haven't heard back on when the voting is going to start. The 28th? Have you heard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the 28th. Can't wait to see how you styled your bracelets!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see all of you lovely ladies on the Tulip page! Of course, you look darling in a floppy hat. :)

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jess:) Hope you're having a great day! Yay for Friday!

      Delete
  4. So cute!! You look darling best of luck! Love you in the floppy hat, too :)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darcy! Hope you're having a great day:)

      Delete
  5. You look lovely Kari, the bracelets really suit you. And I LOVE the hat, it's perfect. I hope you guys have a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous styling! You know I'm a fan of plaid...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty bracelets! Love how you styled them with the plaid.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the best skirts! I need to shop where you shop - love the comfy-cute outfit, and that hat is amazing! xo Bummed I couldn't make it last night, a work event pop-up that I had to run (a cactus tasting!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. Need. That. Hat! You always look way too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!