Tuesday, May 6, 2014

WEEKENDING: ENJOYING THE BACKYARD


The other weekend, the temperature finally warmed up and we spent pretty much the entire day outside.  It was so refreshing to be able to be out of the house and enjoying the sunshine.  It's these simple moments that mean the most to me and are so relaxing.


The trees are all budding, and I can't wait until everything is in full bloom again.  We don't have many flowers in our backyard, so everything is just green.  It looks so fresh, but I think it would also be fun to have a few pops of color around the patio.


There's nothing like feeling the cool grass on your bare feet again. 


We played ladder ball well into the evening, and I was on a winning streak.  I think this may be the only game I can beat Wade in.


It was the perfect time to break in my new koozie that I got from the KC Photobus during Go Blog Social.

When the sun went down, it was time to bring out the tiki torches.  These are one of my favorite things about summer nights.  I feel like we're in the tropics somewhere.  They're really there to ward off mosquitos that have an increased affinity for me, but they are also just fun to look at.

I love the way the fire dances in the darkness.

It was the first of what I hope are many weekends spent in our backyard just enjoying being outside.  My mom told me she heard it was the coldest winter here in 80 years, and I believe it.  We're due for some patio weather now.

Hope you had a great weekend!  Was it nice where you were?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, ladder ball! I can't beat my husband in any game that requires hand-eye coordination (mind games, on the other hand...) so I'm impressed! So fun to be able to spend time outdoors again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest backyard!! I love the tiki torches! Ladder ball sounds so fun! We got to spend Sunday afternoon outside and it was glorious! Can it just stay like this forever, please?!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your big back yard! We just started looking for houses. Are you on the Missouri side?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful big space you have, it's lovely. I haven't heard of ladder ball before, it looks fun, like something we would enjoy. You're right, we're all due some good warm weather now. The torches are beautiful, they really make it look fantastic. Thanks for sharing your photos Kari, it's been so nice to see your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous pictures!!! What camera and lens do you use?

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!