Monday, March 3, 2014

PEICD (PROJECTS EVEN I CAN DO): POT O' GOLD CANDY DISH


On March 1st, I expect to run outside and it immediately be spring.  Instead, we were faced with another round of snow.  Screw what's going on outside my door, inside it's time for spring. 

I don't usually decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but I got this idea as I was doing some dishes and saw our guacamole bowl just sitting in the cabinet  sad from non-use.  So I decided to whip up this pot of gold candy dish with a rainbow coming out of it. 

The rainbow did not turn out as fabulous as I had imagined, but I got frustrated from spending so much time on what I thought was going to be so easy and decided to share it anyway.  I'm sure someone out there can take the idea and make a better rainbow:)
Supplies:
--Black bowl.  Mine is a cheap guacamole bowl I think I got from Bed Bath and Beyond. 
--Butterscotch candies.  I don't really know who eats these, but they sure look cute in a candy dish.
--Card stock.  I chose to take a different spin on the traditional rainbow colors.

To Make:  It's pretty self-explanatory.  The hardest part was cutting out the rainbow.  I glued each color onto a cardstock base.  It didn't turn out perfect, but that's ok.  Wade said it kind of looked like the base of a rainbow:)

I wish there was real gold in there.

10 comments:

  1. hahaha, I was going to ask you if you actually liked those butterscotch candies till you mentioned that they were primarily for looks. I've never met anyone who eats them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm embarrassed to admit these were from Christmas when I used them to decorate another candy dish:) If anyone did try to eat these, I'd have to run out and buy fresh ones:)

      Delete
  2. I love butterscotch candies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! I need to send you these (or at least a fresh bag of them since these are kind of stale:)

      Delete
  3. I don't mind butterscotch candies, although I rarely eat them. If I saw some in this cute dish I would definitely grab a few. I like the funky rainbow. It's unique and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Devon, and totally made my day:) I felt silly posting it, but your comment made me smile. Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. This is ADORABLE! I love that you put butterscotch candies in it. I always forget about St. Patrick's day until the day it happens, so thanks for the reminder! Maybe I'll dream up some fun project this year!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Becca! I appreciate your sweet comment:) You made my day!

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog and super happy I did! just followed =] and such a cute post! i really wanna try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebecca! You're so sweet, and I really appreciate your comment and follow:) Hope you're having a great night!

      Delete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!