Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A CELEBRATION + POPPERS


A few weeks ago we celebrated my brother's birthday.  One of my favorite traditions is having family birthday parties.  My mom always makes something delicious, and it's a great reason to hang out together.  It was also the perfect opportunity to give my niece and nephew their valentine poppers.  This was definitely not my easiest project, but I had high hopes of the candy and stickers bursting from the tube and raining down on the kids as they squealed with delight and amazement at how crafty I was.  Well, not all projects work out just like you imagine.  They didn't have the gusto I imagined, but the kiddos didn't seem to mind, and I think they liked the outcome.
You could kind of see the candy shooting out, and it was so fun to watch him collect his bounty.

My niece figured out a new way to use her popper pretty quick.  I should have just given her the cardboard roll and saved myself a lot of time decorating it:)

Look at all those special badges made from the sweetest kid.

I've been really into making handmade cards for people the past year.  I like making it extra personal and adding some old photos of us.

With that perfect little curl hanging down, my brother sure looks like that caped crusader in a red cape, doesn't he?  Happy birthday, to the best big brother!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a really happy family time. I do so love the badges, I bet they were the best thing your brother had for his birthday. And I bet he'll keep them for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures really capture these moments well. It looks like a special celebration with family. The poppers are really sweet. I bet your niece and nephew think you're really creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Devon:) I'm sure my nephew was just annoyed with me, because I made him bring his popper by the window so I could take a picture. Once he had some sugar in him, he didn't seem to mind:)

      Delete
  3. Looks like such a fun time spent with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I say this every time you post about your family, but I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your family gets together for birthday parties even when you guys are grown up! That's some fun family time!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!