Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CLEAN SLATE

The lights have been turned off, the tree has been taken out to the curb, and the magic has been bottled up and stored away for next year.  Everything seems so bare.

Last year at this time, I was well into my winter funk.  Lamenting the loss of the holidays and willing spring to come bring everything to life again.  I expected the same wave to flood over me as we packed it all away, but it didn't.  While I was sad to not be able to gaze at the glow of candy colored lights, I knew it was time for the next season.

Time to look forward to new projects and time to hibernate a bit.  Time to see what will fill up this mantel.  For right now, it's a clean slate. 

9 comments:

  1. It is a new season Kari, and I just saw the first advert for Cadbury Creme Eggs. They're coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!!! My favorite time of year! I can't wait to stock up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good author! Your word choice is always perfect. :) Here's to clean slates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice when the past helps us out in the present. Last Christmas we tried to do too much. This Christmas was still busy, but I had a better mindset because I learned from the year before (at least a little). I'm happy your are enjoying the winter this year. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous you're having winter. It'll be fun to see what you end up putting on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be so great having a new start! I hope this blank slate inspires you to do some amazing stuff!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becca! I hope so, too! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. The house always does look so bare once the decorations are gone! But also a little cleaner and less cluttered, usually! :) I'm sure you'll find a new way to prettify the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see so many possibilities for that mantle! :o)

    I also did not fall into my usual post-Christmas funk this year. Usually life slows down a bit and I find myself on the sofa in front of the TV more than normal. Not so this year - we've been busy and I think that's what is keeping the winter blues away!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!