Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CHI-TOWN


This past weekend, my mom and I went to visit my sister and her family in Chicago.  We had an amazing time exploring downtown Chicago and getting to see my sister and brother-in-law's new house!  I snapped quite a few photos that I'll post later in the week, but for now I attached a little video I put together of the trip.  I'm no movie maker, but since iMovie makes it so easy to add a song to video and pictures, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Some highlights of the trip:
--> Trying to take in the sights of downtown Chicago among the swarms of the 2 million Blackhawk fans who were there for the parade on Friday.  I'm not one for huge crowds, so this was definitely an experience.

--> Getting to see the gorgeous turquoise blue water of Lake Michigan from my sister's office building.  Seriously, it looks like the Caribbean! I guess it's all those zebra mollusks filtering the water.  Maybe not too good for the fish ecosystem, but it sure is pretty.

--> Heading in to the city on Saturday night to go see She and Him!  The concert was way more awesome that I could have ever imagined.  More on that later...

--> Getting some girl time in as my sister, mom, and I ate lunch on the beach.

--> Exploring their new house

--> Listening to my niece sing Disney songs over and over--I couldn't get enough of her cute little voice, and she really did know all the words.

--> Just hanging out and watching TV together like the old days

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Great teaser, Kari! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic, so glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video. Your mom is darling. I find that adding music to pictures makes seeing them much more enjoyable. I used to do that. Used to because a few years ago I made a few "movies" with all the pictures of my darling Little Love and then my computer got a virus. So I thought to myself, just keep the movies, they have all the pictures anyway. I'm not a genius when it comes to computers and I saved them wrong and lost EVERYTHING. I'm still heartbroken. So, keep all original footage and please be much more careful than me.

    P.s. I'm so jealous you got to see Zooey. Love her and their music. Glad you had a great time in Chicago. Can't wait to hear more about the concert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Glad you had a great time! I didn't even think to warn you about the Blackhawks festivities haha.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!