Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PEICD: Easy Embroidery



In honor of Valentine's Day, I wanted to embroider a cute saying.  I didn't want it to be too Valentiney (is that a word?), because I want to keep it up all year round.  I started out by painting my wooden embroidery hoop white.

Then I figured out what I wanted the saying to be.  I thought that a treasure map theme would be cute--like we searched all around until we found us.  X marks the spot.  I just used embroidery floss and hand stitched the words.  For the white blocks, I cut out white material and stitched them onto the base fabric with embroidery floss.  I think it turned out pretty cute. It only took about an hour to complete, so I'd say that falls into the PEICD category!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!