Friday, February 1, 2013

Birthday time!


We celebrated my big bro's birthday a few days ago at my parent's house.  I love our family birthday parties.  My mom always makes something delicious, and my dad makes a huge birthday sign with the special person's face front and center.  It was a blast hanging out together and getting to play with his adorable kids.  Seeing my niece belly laugh when her big brother dances for her reminds me of just how special the sibling bond is.  I'm lucky to have the best big brother (and also best big sister) in the world.  They are my built in forever best friends.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the yo-yo I gave him as a tribute to the Yomegas we used to have as kids.  One of my fondest memories is of us practicing and then going to a yo-yo class to show our skills.  The prize?  A leather yo-yo holster that fits on your belt.  We had mad skills back then (and weren't dorks at all).  Love you, big brother!  Hope you know how much we all love you and how proud we are of you!

delicious cake made by my mom
getting excited to blow out the candles
aforementioned huge sign
adorable family
minus one little sweetie that wasn't happy with her uncle
best big brother

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!